Join our team to solve addiction
Executive Director, Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead
Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead is seeking an Executive Director who will report to the Board of Directors.
Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead is a neutral, independent non-profit dedicated to saving lives and reducing the tremendous social, human and economic costs of the chronic disease of drug and alcohol addiction.
At our core, we’re a wellness provider, offering free long-term addiction management services to help individuals and families manage the chronic disease of addiction. But we do much more than that. We enlist employers, health care, faith, schools, and other key stakeholders to eliminate barriers that keep people from getting well and staying well. We collaborate with all sectors to build a chronic disease community model for alcohol and drug addiction.
The goal is to remove barriers to care and create the community architecture to support long-term wellness around addiction. We provide value to those with financial stakes in solving this problem, and operate via a private-sector-based sustainable business model. We prove positive outcomes for individuals, organizations and the whole community through an innovative, technology-based addiction wellness evaluation program.
This position is based in Fargo, ND.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the following by Friday, July 29, 2016.
Chair of the Board
Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead
American Crystal Sugar
101 3rd St N
Moorhead, MN 56560
The Executive Director reports to the Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead Board of Directors, and in working with the Face It TOGETHER national organization, is responsible for the leadership, management and overall performance of the organization. Specific duties, responsibilities and commitments include but are not limited to:
- Lead Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead as a social entrepreneurial organization; developing and deploying innovations for solving addiction, and elevating needs and solutions in the community;
- Responsible for building and growing a sustainable business model;
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a strategic plan that supports the mission and vision and sets the direction for sustainability;
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile, and grow/nurture partnerships with organizations across the community.
- Foster effective team work with the Board, staff, and national organization;
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
Management and accountability for specific objectives, tasks, human resource allocation, budgets, administration and other duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Lead and train staff and volunteers in advancing the Mission, goals, and business lines of the organization;
- Educate the community about addiction and addiction care consistent with the national organization’s awareness and advocacy strategies;
- Manage personal and virtual peer-based addiction management services in a collaborative manner with health care systems and other addiction care programs in the area;
- Execute the Workplace Initiative and other employer-based strategies developed by the board and the Face It TOGETHER national organization;
- Collect data and execute the Addiction Wellness Evaluation Model™;
- Oversee United Way Agency and other community partnerships;
- Serve as the leadership liaison to the national organization;
- Maintain the organization’s tax exempt status and requisite regulatory and administrative filings; and
- Engage with the Board in an annual performance evaluation.
Financial Planning and Management:
- Prepare, lead and operate a comprehensive budget and business plan;
- Secure adequate funding for the operation of Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead, leveraging the assistance and advice of the Board as needed;
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board; and
- Provide the Board with regular reports of finances.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles and practices;
- Knowledge of community opportunities;
- Knowledge in human resources management; and
- Knowledge of financial management.
Education and Experience:
- Experience cultivating business relationships;
- 5 or more years of progressive management experience;
- 3-5 years of sales / sales management, business, or non-profit leadership;
- Experience working with/supervising volunteers; and
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum.
VISION: A community that has solved the disease of drug and alcohol addiction.
MISSION: To get drug and alcohol addiction sufferers well.
- Reverence for those we must reach.
- Uncompromising commitment to integrity and transparency.
- Dignity and respect for each other and for those we serve.
- Personal growth. We challenge and encourage each other to optimize our own gifts.
- High expectations of performance.
- Embrace accountability.
- Community. We exist to serve the community and are committed to helping it discover its potential.
Face It TOGETHER is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of race, color, creed, sex, disability, age, religion, national origin or ancestry.