In 2015, Kevin Kirby, Face It TOGETHER's CEO and Co-Founder, stood on the OTA: Fargo stage and described how his organization in Sioux Falls is helping solve drug and alcohol addiction. He announced that Face It TOGETHER was ready to come to Fargo-Moorhead. He asked the 350 OTA attendees if they were ready. The response was a resounding "yes!"
Since then, our team has met with many stakeholders throughout Fargo-Moorhead about the Face It TOGETHER model. We've shared how the model, piloted in Sioux Falls, has fundamentally changed how individuals and families suffering with drug and alcohol addiction get help, get well and stay well. We've shared how our financially-sustainable model operates and offers peer-based support to the entire community through private sector-focused value propositions.
What we've clearly heard is that the Fargo-Moorhead community needs a neutral, but focused effort to bring the community together to address drug and alcohol addiction. You have told us that there are gaps in awareness and recovery supports. You have told us that addiction has a tremendous impact on employers and educators. And, you have told us that your community has the entrepreneurial spirit to embrace an entirely new, community-wide approach to solving drug and alcohol addiction, our region's top public health problem.
Where we are today:
- Our recovery center will open in August.
- We hired an Executive Director and a Lead Recovery Coach.
- We recruited a great Board of Directors to help advance our mission throughout the Fargo-Moorhead community. Learn more about them here.
Get Involved! Call to action:
- INVITE your friends, family and co-workers to learn more about Face It TOGETHER – send them a link to this page.
- We need to meet more people in the RECOVERY COMMUNITY and begin to plan our work together. If you're in recovery in the Fargo-Moorhead area, contact us.
- INVEST in Face It TOGETHER Fargo-Moorhead. You can make a financial investment on our Crowdrise page.
- If you're an EMPLOYER and would like to learn more about solving addiction in your workplace, contact us today.